March 28, 2014 by Dadinator
A fellow blogger has nominated me for a “Liebster Award” by the lovely Suzi over at Lillmamasuzi. The award is given out by bloggers by their peers as a way of spreading the word about blogs and getting to know eachother a little better.
A nominee is required to do the following:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you (check!)
- Answer the 11 questions given to you
- Nominate 11 other followers with less than 500 followers
- Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer
- ag your nominees & post a comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them
So, without further delay here are my questions from Suzi:
1. What is your most favourite thing about the Town/City you live in?
We live in the middle of a tiny town, and there’s a lot to like about it. I love that I live in a town that holds a Banjo Jamboree once a year. It’s awesome. I’m not even kidding, the local cricket oval gets turned into a tent city for the weekend, and there are banjos on every corner.
2. What is your most favourite thing to cook?
I like making hamburgers from scratch. That and pancakes. Must have a thing for frying….
3. What is your personal favourite blog entry so far? (Post link if you like)
I wrote a letter to my dad about his grandkids. It was hard to write, he died about 2 months after I got married. But I think it reads well, and its one of those posts I look back on and read from time to time. They’re the special ones.
4. When was the last time you laughed so hard your stomach hurt and why?
It was one night after the kids had gone to bed and I was chatting with The Mamanator. It was 3 or 4 weeks ago, and I have absolutely no recollection of what it was about, something The Lad said or did. You know kids, patently absurd. I’m sure it’ll be them that make us laugh next time too. I do remember not being able to stop laughing and talking in that high-pitched tone of voice you get when you’re really giggling. Then we stopped until someone tried to speak, and it all started again.
5. If you could come back as any animal, which one would it be?
A cat. We spoil our cats rotten, so I think I am owed the same treatment.
6. Why did you decide to start blogging?
So I didn’t flood my personal Facebook with “over-shares”. I also thought the experience was worth recording, and maybe it would help some people out who were going through it.
7. What is your most prized possession?
That’s hard. In sure it will be turn into something like the first birthday card my kids make for me. Or something sickly sentimental like that. In the absence of such things, probably a theatre mask a friend made for us for our wedding. We have a history of loving Greek Theatre, which was performed entirely in masks. This was her ‘recreation’ of an ancient mask and it’s beautiful.
8. If you could pick anything as a career, what would it be?
Actor or director (theatre that is). Now if only it paid the bills….
9. Are you a cat person or a dog person?
Cat person (see above). Our cats are both adopted strays who we have lavished love on for about 4 years now. They’re great. One of them loves our boy the other one avoids all children like the plague. He’s the smart one.
10. What is your favourite song at the moment?
I’m much better at naming songs I hate rather than songs I like… and all stereos/ipods are dominated by kid music at my house. I like 90s music, because that was when I mis-spent my youth.
11. Who does the dishes at your place?
The dish washer…. Love it.
Thanks again for nominating me!
Now for my questions:
- If you could visit one place in the world where would it be and why?
- What’s your favourite breakfast?
- Name one person (alive or dead) you’d love to have a conversation with. Assume that they are brought back to life……
- Do you have a TV show or movie you like that you are ashamed of? What is it if so?
- What’s your superpower? Real or imagined….
- Who was your favourite teacher, and why?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What’s something you couldn’t get by without? (aside from the obvious things oxygen, water, food etc….)
- What do you think you’ll be doing in 10 years?
- What us the story behind the name of your blog? (I know its often in the “about” section, but indulge me)
- Who is your favourite villain (literary, cinematic or whatever)?
I nominated the following wonderful blogs: